Thanks so much to spanking romance author, Tara Finnegan for nominating me for this award and for her awesome questions. Click the link on her name above to get to know more about Tara.
For future Liebster Award recipients, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
(Ok, I did not adhere perfectly to the rules, but I came close. Thanks!)
1. How often do you blog, and why did you start?
Hehe, that is a good question! I started just over a year ago, and am still trying to get consistent with my blogging. My goal is three times a week. Wish me luck!
2. What was the first full book you ever wrote?
The first book I ever wrote and published, is called The Winter Storm. Casey McKay, Renee Rose and I each wrote different stories, and put them together into a “group story”. It was a lot of fun!
3. What prompted you to start writing?
Hmmm, I don’t know. I think I liked what I read so much, that I wanted to create something too. And I had so many ideas running through my head, it made sense to try to put them down on paper.
4. Aside from writing, what is your favorite pastime?
I love to run (but haven’t been able to get consistent with it yet, this year), sing, do crafts, and sew. (I make a mean tutu, and made the flower girl dresses and Bridesmaid dresses for my sister’s wedding 🙂 )
5. What is your proudest achievement either in writing or in life?
Well, in writing, I officially became a published author just over a month ago! That was a pretty big moment for me.
As far as life goes, I’ve had a lot of blessed moments. These are just a few that come to mind:
Becoming an All American on the Track in College (5000m)
Finishing my first marathon
The births of my children
Singing the National Anthem at the Military World XC Championships
6. What do you want most to achieve in life? Have you already achieved it or are you actively working on it?
Honestly, I don’t know. I know that I want to be remembered for being a blessing to others, and when I die, I want to look back at my life and be at peace, knowing I truly accomplished something worthwhile.
Most people, by the time they finish college, know their direction. I’m 41 (closer to 42), and still don’t know what I truly want from life.
I think I just want to have peace in my heart (not just happiness. That’s an emotion that can come and go. But true peace). I want to give my all in whatever direction life takes me in each moment.
I want to achieve a peace in my heart, and know that whatever accomplishments I have, whether they are big or small- if I give it my all, then I have succeeded.
Hehe, I think I might be a hippy at heart. Which conflicts greatly with my Type A personality and need for control. (Don’t ask. It confuses me too!)
7. If you had the opportunity to meet one person you really admire, who would it be, and what would you want to ask them?
Ok, you know I can’t just go with one! 😉
Julie Andrews (amazing actress and singer. I adore her, and know almost all her songs by heart! I love her! And she’s just as good now, as she was 20 years ago!)
Erica Scott (ok, I am a huge fan of hers. Her book, “Late Bloomer” was what gave me the push to talk to my husband about my spanking desires. It also opened up lots of fantasies in me. 🙂 I wish I could do spanking videos. I would love to play the part of a kicking, howling young woman getting her bottom blistered.
Here’s a pic from her blog. (She was kind enough to let me post it!)
Unfortunately, this doesn’t fit with my conservative family life right now, so it will have to wait a few more years. 😦
But if god blesses me with a decent body, in my 50’s, I am sooooo doing a video! (there’s my bucket list addition, hehe)
Here’s another cool one from her blog, called “The Stranger”
Ok, this is probably going to give me nightmares and “really happy dreams” all night!
8. What makes you happiest?
Chocolate twizzlers and red wine! Mmmm
Actually, I am at my happiest when I make a goal for the day (any goal, it doesn’t matter), and I accomplish it. LOL, this happens less often than you might think. I tend to be very creative (flighty?), which means tons of thoughts collide and overwhelm me. I’ve had moments where I couldn’t even read a book, because I was so overstimulated that I couldn’t decide what to read. Too many choices. Phew! A huge cycle of ‘ugh’.
Even funnier, is the fact that I am Type A and very in need of control.
These two dichotomous energies battle, sometimes leaving me worn out and mumbling. Hehe, poor hubby gets a little nervous when those cycles hit.
Luckily, they don’t hit too often. Maybe every 2-3 months 🙂
Fave movies – Monty Python’s Search for the Holy Grail, The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Fave songs to sing – On My Own from Les Miserables, Star Spangled Banner, My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music
Fave outfits – Gap loose fit jeans and Target t-shirt; black yoga pants and t-shirt; no bra whenever possible
Fave food – anything chocolate
Fave drink – merlot and cabernet
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
I am tagging Joseph McNamera, Corinne Alexander, Celeste Jones, Natasha Knight, and Renee Rose
Here are your questions:
- When did you start blogging and why?
- How often do you blog, and what about?
- What are your favorite genres to read?
- Who has been your biggest influence in writing and or life?
- What is your happiest memory?
- Do you have a spanking relationship in real life?
- Kirk or Picard?
- If you could only choose one implement to be spanked by (or spank with), what would it be?
- Who is your favorite written character?
- If you could travel in time, what time period would you go to?
- What grounds you?